Friday, December 12, 2008

Grand Finalie

Well it was, as expected and as usual, another exciting semester. As it draws to an end, makes ya look back at it for the good times, the bad times, and the ugly... I know electronic Comm. was an interesting experience for me, and has really opened me to a lot more internet usage and at points less.

I'd have to say the most interesting thing we covered in class was second life. I had never known stuff along those lines existed, and was blown away by how many other sites like it existed. As we explored more into it and how deep it was, and how...diverse...the members were.The class aspect, it really opened my eyes to what an online community was/is. I never explored into that aspect of the internet, but now understand the validity that people make on behalf of the case of whether a virtual community was a real community. I have broadened my conception of what a community is and how diverse they are.

I also understand now my "addiction" of facebook...and know I am not alone. I still dispel the belief I am addicted, but I guess that's what groups and classes are for. Whenever we couldn't text or use facebook for a week, I saw how tough it was to just sit down and log onto a computer and the internet without just automatically signing on. I now only use it whenever procrastinating on work.

I say the best thing I brought from this was Justin.tv. I’m addicted to it and love the stupid social cams. They never do anything exciting but for some reason its fun to chat with self-proclaimed internet stars...or so I like to believe.

Well, as porky pig famously stated "Th-th-th-thats all folks!"

No comments: